New Year … new beginnings, as this year comes to an end my mind races back to all the significant moments of the year 2013…in my personal and professional journey.
I am so full of gratitude to be surrounded by caring people, who have been instrumental in mentoring/making my journey as a mom, wife and a teacher so rewarding and enriching in experience. Here is wishing my friends and family a very happy and prosperous New Year! See you on the other side of the year!
Year end also means setting up new goals, new resolutions, gearing up for challenges. I have never believed that resolutions are meant to be broken. Another thought process – Why does one need to make resolutions only at the beginning of the year? Why not ‘as and when’ or throughout the year? I guess the New Year ushers in hope… hope that things will be better…the best is yet to come. The choice of making these resolutions is absolutely personal… you make ‘em, break ‘em, keep ‘em or not make any at all. I always look forward to make my new year resolutions and my wish list every year.
I like the ritual of putting it down in my diary and then striking it off throughout the year, as I achieve them…knowing that I have been able to keep them (95% of them! ) This year again I have made my diary entry for the New Year- Resolutions 2014.
I would be sharing some with you and the rest is only meant for my family and me (I am a little old school 🙂 ). So here are my lists:
My Personal List:
- Exercise daily, include jogging.
- Read one book every month
- Have 8 glasses of water every day (I am really bad at this!)
- Take supplements regularly
- Do my laundry before the ‘Ironing’ guy comes!
- Be more tech savvy
- Master Photoshop
- Be more patient and forgiving
- Be more planned and organised
- Try not to procrastinate!
For My Home:
- Stencil my bedroom wall (with a quote)
- Stencil my Kitchen wall (with a quote)
- Complete my son’s room
- Re-do my daughter’s room
- Plan for the patio & garden makeover
- Change window treatments in dining room and my son’s room
That’s a part of my resolution-2014 diary entry… I think it is quite do-able. I hope to strike each of them off my entry! Once again wishing you all a very happy New Year!